What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information that, either alone or in combination with other information, identifies you. When we combine other information (i.e., information that does not, on its own, identify you) with Personal Information, we treat the combined information as Personal Information.
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Mendr or through any other third party providing services through Mendr; or
- any other third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Service.
Persons Under the Age of 18
Our Service is not intended for persons under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Service. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any Personal Information on this Service or on or through any of its features/register on the Service, make any purchases through the Service, use any of the content or services available through this Service, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Service, or provide any Personal Information to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a person under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Service, including information you provide to us, information we collect automatically through your use of the Service, and information we receive from third parties (such as our business partners).
Information You Provide to Us.
We process Personal Information that you provide through your use of the Service, such as your name, email address, and phone number. If you are a customer, we also process payment information, via a third-party service provider, if you choose to pay for the services of an editor. If you are an editor, we collect additional information necessary to engage (and pay) you as an independent contractor, such as government issued identification (e.g., driver’s license number, passport number), date of birth, and account information needed to deposit payments.The information we collect on or through our Service may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Service, subscribing to our Service, applying to be an editor, using our available content or services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, including feedback or user reviews of our Service, editors, or services.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Service and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Service.
- Your search queries on the Service.
- The precise location information of your device, if you grant us permission to access it.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Service, or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Service.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically (which may include Personal Information) is converted into statistical data, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Service according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Section 7, Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Service and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Mendr, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not track users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising. Accordingly, we do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information about an individual’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Information Collected from Third Parties.
We may collect Personal Information about you from third parties when you use third-party services integrated with our Service. For example, if you choose to log in with a social media account, depending on your privacy settings on that account, we may have access to publicly available profile information such as your email, name, birthday, education, interests, and so on. All of this social media profile information is made available to us by the social media provider due to the way the social sign-on configuration works, but we do not use any information provided except for purposes of setting up your Mendr account. If you do not want your information to be shared with us by the social media provider, then you can simply sign in to your Mendr account using account credentials created on the Service, instead of your social media account credentials.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Service and its contents and services, including general photographic and media-editing services, product sales, and the like, to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services, including general photographic and media-editing services, product sales, and the like, that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or use of the Service.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Service or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Service.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you have questions about our use of your information in this way, please see Section 7, Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- where we need it to perform a contract with you (e.g., to fulfill an order);
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests (which include the purposes listed, above); or
- if we otherwise have your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual—and is not combined with any such identifying information— without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To editors. Our editors, who are independent contractors, require certain Personal Information to provide services to you and are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. As such, you acknowledge and agree that this Service provides services that may be crowdsourced by Mendr’s independent contractors, called editors, each of whom may obtain access to your information through Mendr on a need to know basis for completing the user-requested services.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, an analytics service to help us analyze the traffic on the Service. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of Personal Information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.”
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Mendr’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Mendr about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you. We contractually require these third parties to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Section 7, Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us your location for us to determine your time zone for matching with an available service provider (i.e., editor).
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mendr, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by not using the Service. You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your request to opt out, which we will respond to in accordance with applicable law.
- Promotional Offers from Mendr. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by Mendr to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by not using the Service. You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com stating your request to opt out, which we will respond to in accordance with applicable law.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by not using the Service. You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your request to opt out, which we will respond to in accordance with applicable law.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information (as defined by California law) to third parties for their direct-marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Additional Rights Relating to Personal Information
If you have a user account with the Service, you can review and change your available personal information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page.
If you would like to access, amend, delete, export, or restrict the processing of Personal Information collected via our Service, you may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to such requests in accordance with applicable law. We cannot delete Personal Information about you except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Depending on where you live, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning Personal Information about you. We encourage you to first reach out to us at email@example.com, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
We and our service providers have implemented measures, such as encryption of payment transactions through SSL technology, designed to secure Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service.
The safety and security of Personal Information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping any of your account log-in credentials confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Service because such information may be viewed by any user of our Service.
Retention of Personal Information
Use of the Service from Outside the United States
Last modified: September 28, 2018